- New paddlers are always welcome into our keiki and junior programs. New paddlers are taught all of the techniques and skills needed to race outrigger canoes.
- Outrigger canoe paddling builds teamwork, trust, discipline, and sportsmanship while having loads of fun on the water. We offer a fun and competitive paddling program for boys and girls age 9-19
- Focus is on having fun while learning the fundamentals of paddling as a team on and off the water.
- All paddlers must learn to blend together and must support and encourage their crew mates. A canoe runs best when all paddlers are focused as a team and pulling in perfect unison.
- Build life-long friendships.
New paddlers and paddlers’ friends
- Must be able to swim
- New paddlers and friends are always welcome. A parent will need to sign their waiver form prior to participating. Waivers can be found here
- 1901 Bayside Drive, CDM (shared space with the OC Sheriff and Coast Guard facility)
- Wednesday: 3pm
- Saturday 10:30am
- Paddlers should come prepared to paddle to every practice.
- Whenever practice is canceled, you will be notified by the coaches.
What to wear
- Wear clothing that can get wet. No cotton shorts.
- Please put on sunscreen, bring water, towel and warm clothes to change in after.
- We will put as many teams on the water as possible and will mix and match with other Clubs if needed.
- Keiki’s 14 and under (that do not turn 15 before December 31) are qualified for the “mini-iron” races which are approximately 2-3 miles.
- Juniors 15-19 will be racing the “short course” races which are approximately 4-5 miles.
- Sprint race is 200-500m in length.
- The “mini-iron” races for the 2021 race season are
- Crystal Pier San Diego May
- Kahanamoku Classic Marina Del Ray June
- Iron Championships San Diego June
- Sprint race
- Noah Kalama Long Beach July
Dues$100/ paddler: this includes all practices additional fee for races.